Wednesday, April 30, 2025

Always Speak Your Truth


Aunt Bern,

I don’t think I have ever told you how much I valued all the time we spent together when I was a kid. I thought you were the coolest person. I admired how you didn’t mind living alone or living in a place other than Texas. I loved getting to stay with you in Colorado and to have the chance to explore another part of the country. It was fascinating to me, to catch a glimpse of the world that I had never imagined. You taught me to be strong and to take chances. Maybe that is one of the reasons that I wasn’t afraid to pack up and move to Chicago when everyone else thought I was crazy!

Years later, I continue to admire you. You are a role model, and testament to what’s possible when a woman dares to dream beyond societal confines. So don’t be afraid; make the post, stand up for what you believe, and speak your truth. You are entitled to your own beliefs even if they go against the others you love. Your beliefs shouldn’t define your relationships. Sometimes you must agree to disagree and move on from there.

Through you, I have learned that relationships are not merely connections; they’re bridges to opportunity, platforms for growth, and doors to worlds we’ve yet to discover. You have shown me the value of persistence and the beauty of living life fully. I will continue to champion for you, call the fire department when I fear you are in trouble, and make the call just to hear your voice and to have a good laugh. 

Have a safe trip as you and my dad travel back to Texas, and remember, you continue to have an impact on my life. Thank you for loving my family like you have always loved me. You have inspired me to dream boldly, to believe in myself, and to build a life that reflects my goals and aspirations. I carry your life lessons in my heart, and I am determined to make you proud.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Speak Your Truth

Aunt Bern, I don’t think I have ever told you how much I valued all the time we spent together when I was a kid. I thought you were the co...